Arsenal’s coach Arsene Wenger has announced he is looking to add new recruits probably a midfielder to strengthen his squad despite Arsenal’s pleasing 3-0 victory over Fenerbahce last night.
Arsene wenger expressed his delight after the match in a press conference; he was pleased with his player’s responses after their poor performance against Aston Villa. He also told the media during the press conference that he would be busy from now until the transfer window closes and will also try to bring new recruits into his team.
“Quality-wise we don’t need anybody but number-wise we are short as I told you yesterday. We lost Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arteta and Diaby – three international midfielders. That is why we are short.”
“We tried to bring one in but we are working on that. You have to understand there is still a long way to go. The transfer market starts for me now and a lot of activity will happen between now and September 2. From August 21 until September 2 you have 12 days, so a lot will happen. It starts now.”
Arsene Wenger has had all summer to bring in new recruits, but as of the time the club qualified for the group stages of the UEFA champions league, no sensible addition has been made to the team. However, if you believe Wenger, the club is now ready to go all out for that marquee signing the club’s CEO Ivan Gazidis promised the fans earlier this summer. Wenger’s comments have given fresh hope to the club’s faithful fans that finally money will be spent and their squad will be strengthened.
Arsenal had placed a £12 million bid for Yohan Cabaye which was rejected by Newcastle’s management in the aftermath of their defeat to Aston Villa. Arsenal also made inquiries about Paul Pogba and Geoffrey Kondogbia but failed to secure their signature. The club have been linked with move for Real Madrid strikers Karim Benzema and Angel Di Maria.