Arsenals’ involvement in the summer transfer window so far seemed to have been very quiet even though an avalanche of stars have been linked to the club.
But all that is about to change with reports just on the official opening of the transfer window suggesting that Arsenal maybe close to a deal with Barcelona ace.
Now according to the Mirror, Barcelona’s sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has confirmed that the Catalan club have received offers from Premier League clubs for Alexis Sanchez.
Chile’s Sanchez, who was one of the stars of the World Cup before La Roja’s last 16 exit at the hands of Brazil, has been strongly linked with Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United in recent weeks.
Sanchez’s future at Barcelona is far from certain and Zubizarreta says the club are already mulling over a number of offers for the 25-year-old.
“There have been some offers from other clubs for Alexis, but I don’t know what’s going to happen,” Zubizarreta said at the unveiling of new Barcelona signing Ivan Rakitic on Tuesday.
“We are trying to find a solution that suits everybody,” he added.
Reports in Spain suggest Sanchez would favour a move to Arsenal if Barcelona do decide to sell him.
The player’s agent has reportedly already met with Arsene Wenger to discuss a move to the Emirates, while Liverpool are keen to include him in a deal for Luis Suarez.
Sanchez has netted 39 goals in 88 La Liga appearances for Barcelona since joining from Italian side Udinese in 2011. He has also earned 71 caps for his national side; Chile, scoring 24 times.
Sanchez has been widely tipped by many to fit into the system perfectly at Arsenal playing behind lone forward Olivier Giroud – should the player successfully make the switch to the Emirates this summer.