Arsenal has so far in this transfer window cooled reports of any rumours in their interest in signing Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus.
However, Arsene Wenger has confirmed he is looking to add further signings to his Arsenal squad before the summer window closes at midnight on Sept. 1, an interesting development considering rumours surrounding Marco Reus’ potential Borussia Dortmund exit continue to mount
The veteran boss spoke honestly during his pre-match press conference ahead of last Saturday’s Premier League opener with Crystal Palace, which the Gunners won by 2-1, indicating the Gunners’ four summer acquisitions could soon be added to.
Marco Reus who missed Germany’s successful 2014 World Cup campaign through injury will come as a blow to Premier League title rival Manchester United, German champions Bayern Munich as well as Spanish champions Atletico Madrid who have been linked with the German international if the feelers we are getting that he is interested in Arsenal is true.
Marco Reus said during 2013 Summer transfer window that, “l think everyone has their favourite football club. I am always a fan of Arsenal, because l appreciate their style of play.”
“My idol was always Thomas Rosicky. He is phenomenal. I copied everything about him, right down to his sweatbands,” he said.
Borussia Dortmund is known to be desperate to hold on to the 25 year old player, but that wouldn’t matter as the player is interested in the Gunners.
Reports in Spain suggested that Reus flew to Britain ahead of the World Cup and sat down with Arsene Wenger as he weighed up a move to the Premier League. And last month it emerged that Arsenal had been close to signing Reus in a £28 million deal, but it was not clear just how advanced the negotiations had become. The player’s release clause reduces to £19.8 million next summer.
However, Arsenal withdrew their interest after Reus picked up an ankle injury in Germany’s final World Cup warm-up match against Armenia.
But fresh reports now making the rounds are insisting that the Gunners have revived advanced talks with Dortmund for a possible move for the sensational forward with many suggesting the deal could be wrapped up before the end of the summer transfer window.
Although Dortmund have vehemently denied Reus will leave this summer, but the versatile 25-year-old forward looks set to leave Jurgen Klopp’s side in the near future after rejecting a contract extension in July
Marco Reus rejoined Dortmund in 2012 from Borussia Monchengladbach after his hometown club released him as a 17-year-old.
He scored 21 goals in 39 matches, in all competitions for Dortmund last season and offers creativity but missed Germany’s triumphant World Cup campaign through injury.
Arsenal seems to be in pole position in signing the brilliant Burussia Dortmund forward, as Bayern Munich Manager, Pep Guardiola, has said that he has enough forwards already and would not go all out to sign anymore player, so it could be that if the Reus deal proves to be too much hassle, that he would pass.
Atletico cannot match Arsenal head to head in terms of transfer dealings, so we would likely surpass them in player signings. And we can easily oust Manchester United as they will not be featuring in Champions league football. Something which a player of Reus’ status will certainly put before him on making a decision.