Arsene Wenger Announce Bad News In Regards To Alexis Sanchez Future At Arsenal

Goonersden brings you news from top football news sites from the likes of ESPN, SkySport, Daily Mail, Daily Star and Metro… We also Analyse football, player, transfer and predict Arsenal starting line-up.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has broken the silence in regards to the future of Chilean international Alexis Sanchez at the Emirate Stadium.

Wenger says Arsenal are still hopeful of convincing Alexis Sanchez to sign a new contract at the club

The 28-year-old’s future has been a relentless source of speculation this summer after he entered into the final 18 months of his contract at The Emirates.

Sanchez has been linked with a transfer away from Arsenal this summer, with the likes of Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain all keen on signing the Chile star.

However, Wenger has constantly maintained that he will be staying at the club, even if it means risking losing him on a free transfer next summer.

Speaking at a news conference at London Colney on Wednesday morning, Wenger said when asked if Sanchez could sign a new Arsenal contract: “All is possible you know.

“When a player goes into the final year of their contract we will try to extend the contract because there is no reason we shouldn’t do it, but we are not there yet.

Asked if there had been any official bids for Sanchez this summer, Wenger replied: “I can’t tell you that at the moment. I just think we are not open – as I said to you many times – to any offers, anyway.”

 

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Open